Welcome to the West Wimbledon Society
(Founded in 1914)
The West Wimbledon Society (WWS) is an independent recreational and social society which has thrived for over a century in south west London, near Raynes Park. We own Avenue Hall in Richmond Road, which was built in 1888 and has been used by the Society since 1938. Over the years many activities have evolved at the Society: holding debates, drama group, talks, coffee mornings, bring and buy sales, jazz, bridge and table tennis clubs.
WWS members use Avenue Hall in the evenings, throughout the week and on Saturdays. At other times we host a range of local community groups (e.g. dance classes and children's music groups.)
Please visit our Hall Hire page for more details on the facilities and information on hiring our hall.
Exterior refurbishment was completed in 2018 with assistance from the London Marathon Charitable Trust. Walls, fences, paving were rebuilt and improved access and facilities for those with disabilities were installed.